If you are looking to embark on a memorable Australian vacation, then think about the fun you could have on a Dawson River Town Caravan Tour. Taking a holiday with a caravan is a smart move that enhances your vacation in a number of ways. You get to avoid the expense of paying for hotels, and you also get to greatly reduce your food costs by being able to cook your own meals instead of paying to eat out every day. You also can set up camp at great locations like the Dawson River Tourist Park in Taree. You can save a lot of money by buying used caravans. If you are thinking of buying a used car for your road trip, this used car buying guide is useful.
Taking Care of Your Caravan
Once you have purchased a caravan and before you are ready to head out on Australian road trip routes, you need to make the caravan roadworthy. The best way to do this is to get a caravan safety certificate and go through detailed pre-travel checklists. Here is a look at a helpful pre-travel checklist to give you a place to start:
- Make sure to check the gas cylinder every time prior to driving the caravan. You must ensure the cylinder is turned off and tucked away securely well clear of the valve.
- Check to make sure that your water containers are emptied before you drive. If they are full, you can use them to clean out the toilet cassette.
- Take a look at all the many doors and windows of your caravan. Ensure that they are all latched and locked. Do not forget to check all the cabinet doors in the caravan during this part of the inspection.
- If you are towing, check that the hitch height is above the tow ball on the car.
- Make sure that all the connections between the trailer and the caravan are secure. Take special care to ensure that the electrical connections are all good. Test the brake lights and the turn signals to ensure they are working.
When You Arrive
After you arrive at camp, you need to immediately take care of a few things for the caravan.
- You need to fill those empty water tanks with fresh water as soon as possible.
- Get the power hooked up and running.
- Once the power is on, get that refrigerator running.
- You can then turn on the gas. Do not turn the water heater on until you have ensured that it is completely full of water.
Have Fun on the Dawson
A caravan trip to the Dawson River Towns is always a delight. There are so many fun activities that will appeal to outdoor enthusiasts of every stripe. Water sports, fishing, horse riding and bushwalking are all quite popular activities in the area. For those looking for a more luxurious vacation, the numerous gourmet cafes in Taree will be a true delight for foodies. Everyone has a good time in the Dawson River Towns.
Australia Camping Destinations;